There are two major types of buildings when narrowed down the classification. They are namely residential and commercial. Regardless of the type of the premises, you will need to consider building it vertically given that’s how it works most of the time. It could be a simple two-storey house or even a 100 storey building, you’re going to need stairs and this is your guide to make the right decision.Here are 6 factors to consider with stair selection for a building.
- Number of storeysIf it was a house, you wouldn’t go above 4 storey typically. But if it was a commercial complex, the limit would be decided on the various factors. If you are to have only one stair, spending a little more wouldn’t be an issue since it’s a long term investment. What if there were multiple stairs and you couldn’t afford the expensive Oak or Maplewood as a material? As a solution, you can try using metal stairs. It is cost effective, very durable and works for both commercial and residential complexes.
- Whether it is inside or outsideThere are many factors to consider depending on the placement of the stairs. Sometimes, the thickness of the finishing coating has a direct relationship with this. That’s why you need to emphasize on the position of the stairs.
- The materialJust as much as the aesthetic beauty, the durability plays a big role in the material selection too. You need to remember the general climate conditions that the stairs are exposed to and the expected rate of usage too, very importantly.
- The usable spaceSometimes the space that can be used for stairs can be limited. Lack of space however cannot be taken as an excuse for poor architecture. But if you hired some skilled and experienced staircase builders Sydney industry, they will never ever see it as a problem, period. There are types of stairs that are used to consume space intentionally and to minimize the used area. A subject like that can be taken care of properly only by the experienced professionals. Hence, remember not to make your job a test subject!
- Reliability of the contractorIt doesn’t matter how amazing your plans were if your contactors didn’t deliver quality work. Hence, think twice before hiring your contractor because everything else that comes after depends on this decision.
- Whether if it’s from the scratch or an upgradeIf you already have stairs but looking forward to an upgrade, the situation is completely different from having to build it from the scratch. That is why you should estimate the values including the dismantling of the currently existing ones too.